27 Nov 2020
FORRME have recently completed works at Station Manor, a luxury development of 62Nr private housing units in Portmarnock. Prior to the new-build works commencing, we demolished an existing property on the site. Accommodation includes a mix of detached, semi-detached & terrace properties, with floor areas ranging from 1,195 sq ft to 1,625 sq ft.
The homes at Station Manor benefit from A3 BER ratings. Measures utilised to achieve this rating included:
- Timber frame construction with insulation levels which exceed industry standards, reducing heat loss through floors, walls & roof;
- Due to the high levels of air tightness associated with the construction, a Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) system was installed in each home. Improved air tightness works together with the HRV to retain heat & minimise exposure to external elements;
- An “A”-rated gas condensing boiler & multi zone controls ensure that heat is produced efficiently with accurate room conditions, therefore limiting energy wastage;
- Roof mounted solar thermal panels provide hot water to the occupier;
- A-rated high-performance low maintenance double glazed windows, essential to dial down noise from aircraft on flight paths to & from nearby Dublin Airport;
- An “A”-rated gas condensing boiler & multi zone controls ensure that heat is produced efficiently with accurate room conditions, therefore limiting energy wastage.